The easiest way to transfer your Yo WhatsApp messages to a new Android device is to use Google Drive. However, most users don’t know how to restore their WhatsApp chat from Google Drive and what to do.
This article includes the preparation before recovery and detailed steps to recover WhatsApp Yo chats from Google Drive.
Click YoWhatsApp.org for information about Yo WhatsApp V9.5
Before restoring your Yo WhatsApp data, you need to consider that:
- You need to sign in to your new device with the same Google account and keep the same phone number (previous SIM card).
- Yo WhatsApp backups that have not been updated for 5 months may be automatically deleted by Google. We recommend you to backup your YoWhatsApp chats from time to time.
- The restoration process may take some time. So it is better to connect your Android mobile device to a power source while restoring YoWhatsApp chat from Google Drive.
How to restore Yo WhatsApp chat from Google Drive?
- Download yowhatsapp.
- Sign in with the same Google account.
- Start Yo WhatsApp, press the OK button and continue.
- Enter the same phone number (that you used before) and press the Next button.
- Make sure the number is correct, then press OK.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS, enter it.
- It will show that YoWhatsApp is asking for permission to access your device data. Then press the “Continue” button.
- YoWhatsApp will continue to ask for permission to access your contacts, so press the “Allow” button.
- I WhatsApp will continue to ask permission to access local files, then press the “Allow” button.
- Then I WhatsApp will automatically search for backup copies of Google Drive or local files (and it’s better to restore chat data now). After that, you won’t be able to restore the chat data (without reinstalling the app).
- Check the backup copy to make sure it is the new version. If it is, click on the “Restore” button.
- Wait until YoWhatsApp has restored your messages. Click on the “Next” button.
- Enter the display name of YoWhatsApp, then click on the “Next” button.
- As soon as the startup process is completed, a Google Drive Backup setup screen will appear. And you should choose the “Everyday” option. Then click the “Done” button.
- The restore process is finished.
Use Google Drive to back up and restore your Yo WhatsApp conversations memory to save storage space without fear of losing important data. Now that you know how to restore your WhatsApp chat from Google Drive to your device, don’t hesitate to contact us if you still encounter any problems.